With the Holidays upon us, the search for the perfect gift is on and calling our name. As you spend time at the wonderful Arrowhead Inn, get all your shopping done at some of the best local shops. Durham and the surrounding area have an abundance of little unique stores that will fit every need on your list. Here are some of our favorite places!
- Morgan Imports is a Durham institution through and through. With roots going back to the 1960s, Morgan Imports is the place to go for gifts for your entire list. It is a store like no other, with merchandise from all over the world and unique pieces for everyone.
- One World Market is a non-profit store focused on providing fair wages to artisans from around the world. They work with artisans from over 70 different countries giving them access to the US market to sell their handmade crafts. All artisans are paid under Fair Trade standards. Come in and find unique crafts from around the world at One World Market.
- Parker and Otis is a restaurant and gift shop located in historic downtown Durham. They offer an array of gifts, gourmet foods, cheese, wine and candy from local North Carolina vendors. Find a local cookbook, décor from Durham, homemade jams and so much more at Parker and Otis for everyone on your list.
- Zola Craft Gallery celebrates the work of artists in North Carolina. Find contemporary crafts and handmade gifts for everyone on your list including jewelry, pottery, handblown glass, wood pieces and colorful art.
- Tiny is the spot for gifts for the littlest ones on your list. Tiny is a children’s and baby boutique in downtown Durham offering a wide variety of clothes, toys and accessories. Their book and toy selection is extensive and includes local items unique to Durham.
- Cedar Creek Gallery brings together the joy of shopping from over 200 of America’s most accomplished craftspeople to one location. Located on an old tobacco field down the street in Creedmoor, Cedar Creek is the place to go to find the perfect gift handcrafted gift for everyone. You will surely be in awe of the expansive selection and beautiful pieces available.
- A Southern Season is a premier destination for specialty food and gifts from across North Carolina. Located at University Place in Chapel Hill, Southern Season offers a wide variety of gourmet foods, wines, houseware and cookware. With delicious tastings, classes with a celebrity chef and a wide variety of items to choose from, you are bound to find a gift for your favorite foodie.
Write your list, check it twice and head out to explore all these wonderful Durham area shops for the best and most unique Christmas gifts. Include a visit to the wonderful Arrowhead Inn for your overnight shopping spree extravaganza.