One thing is certain, when you visit Durham and the Triangle area, it is a culinary lovers delight. Below are the top recommended Durham area restaurants that are near our award winning Durham bed and breakfast.
Here are some of our favorite, chef-owned eats and drinks in Durham, NC, the “Tastiest Town in the South,” but the Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau has a database online of all things foodie in Durham. If you are looking for a more casual, mobile dining experience check out some of Durham’s Food Trucks.
- Mothers & Sons Trattoria 107 W. Chapel Hill St. 919-294-8247 Hours: Tues-Sat 5:00-10:30pm, Fri & Sat 5:00-11:00pm, Sun 5:00-9:30pm. Reservations suggested. Regional Italian food in Downtown Durham, with focus on fatta a mano—handmade pasta.
- GoccioLina Restaurant 3314 Guess Road 919-973-4089 Hours: Mon-Thurs 5:30-10pm. Reservations suggested. Excellent Italian comfort food in a small, intimate location not far off Interstate 85.
- Vin Rouge French Café 2010 Hillsborough Rd.919-416-0406 Hours: Tues-Thurs 5:30-10PM, Fri & Sat 5:30-11PM, Sun 5:30-9PM, Sun brunch 10:30AM-2:00PM. True French Bistro: Best steak & frites and calf’s liver in the Triangle.
- Rue Cler 401 E.Chapel Hill St. 919-682-8844. Hours: Mon-Fri 11:30AM-2PM, Tues- Sat 5:30-9PM, Sat & Sun 10AM-2PM. Outstanding Parisian-style restaurant in Downtown Durham. Three-course prix fixe menu can’t be beat!
- Saint James Seafood 806 W. Main St. 984-219-7900 Closed Monday Sun 5-9:30PM Tues-Saturday 5-10PM
- Blu Seafood 2002 Hillsborough Rd. 919-286-9777 Hours: Lunch 11am-2:30pm, Dinner Mon-Sat 5-10pm. Closed Sunday. Upscale, casual fresh seafood with innovative regional classics. Chef Tim Lyons resides with the fish monger.
- Metro 8 Steakhouse 746 Ninth Street 919–416-1700 Hours: 5-11PM daily. Twist on classic American steakhouse. Chef/owner Francisco Pirillo reflects his Argentine heritage on several dishes.
- JuJu Asian Tapas & Bar 737 Ninth St. #210 919-286-3555 Hours: Mon-Sat 11:30AM-2:30PM, Mon-Thurs 5-10:30PM, Fri & Sat 5PM-midnight. Small plates with bold flavors, each prepared creatively with attention to Asian tradition.
- Bleu Olive 1821 Hillandale Rd. 919-383-8502 Hours: Mon-Fri: 11AM-3PM, Mon-Thurs 5:00-9:30PM, Fri & Sat 5:00-10:00PM, Brunch Sun only 11AM-2:30PM. A Greek-Mediterranean Bistro from the owners of Papas Grille in Durham, NC.
- Watts Grocery 1116 Broad Street 919-416-5040 Hours: Tues-Fri 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5:30-10PM, Sat-Sun 11AM-2:30PM, 5:30-10PM, Closed Monday. Bistro Café offers updated, distinctive take on local North Carolina cuisine by chef/owner Amy Tornquist.
- Piedmont 401 Foster St. 919-683-1213 Hours: Mon-Fri 5:30-10PM, Sat 10:30AM-2PM, 5:30-10PM, Sun 10:30AM-2PM, 5:30-9PM
- Q-Shack 2510 University Dr. 919-402-4227 Hours: 11AM-9PM daily. The very best North Carolina BBQ served in a very relaxed atmosphere.
- Gonza Tacos Y Tequila 604 Fernway Ave. 919-907-2656 Hours: Tues-Fri 11:30AM-2PM, Tues-Thurs 5-9:30PM, Fri 5-10PM, Sat 5-10PM, Sun 4-8:30PM. Gourmet Latin American cuisine featuring hand crafted Latin cocktails, extensive list of tequilas & regional spirits and carefully selected list of Latin wines & beers.
- Tonali 3642 Shannon Rd. 919-489-8000 Lunch: Tues-Sat11:30AM-2:00PM, Tues-Thurs 5:30-9PM, Fri & Sat 5:30-10PM, closed Sunday. Authentic gourmet Mexican menu prepared by chef/owner Andre Macias.
Top Durham Area Wineries & Breweries
During your stay at our Durham B&B, plan to visit some wineries near Durham, NC and in the Triangle area. Enjoy wine and beer on a more personal level and experience a tasting at our local vineyards or brewery!
- Journey through the countryside to find the magnificent Rock of Ages vineyard and winery, where you can sample their wines in their beautiful tasting room.
- Located in Downtown Durham, Fullsteam Brewery and Triangle Brewery create masterful brews that are on tap in many local restaurants. You can also try Fullsteam brews at their Brewery Tavern! Triangle Brewery does not run a regular taproom, but offers tours and brew samples on select Saturdays. For a full list of Durham area breweries, check out more information on Durham’s beer scene online. If traditional spirits are more what you are looking for, the Durham Distillery is a gin and liqueur distillery offering tastings and tours. Check each website for hours, tour dates and events.
Are you celebrating a special occasion during your visit? Finish off the day with our Wine and Chocolate Package.
- Our chef will prepare four, luscious strawberries covered in rich chocolate for you and your sweetheart.
- We will also include a bottle of sparkling wine to help you celebrate.
$50 and up. Find your perfect room and add on the Wine and Chocolate Package when you book online.