“That beautiful season, the Summer! Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.” -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Summer is here and it is a magical and dreamy time. Durham brings fun and opportunities for everyone to enjoy this summer as a family or a couple. This is a list of our favorite events and things to do in Durham, NC this July. Pick your favorite event and plan your stay at our Durham, NC bed and breakfast! We can’t wait to see you this summer.
Top 5 Things To Do In Durham, NC:
- The Festival for the Eno is on Wednesday July 4th and Saturday July 7th. The festival raises awareness and funds to protect and restore places that provide our region with clean water, healthy forests, wildlife and natural areas. With over 70 bands and 5 stages, you’ll find activities and fun for the whole family on the shady banks of the Eno River. This is a fun way to spend your holiday week and weekend. For more information visit: EnoFest.org.
- The Durham Performing Arts Center is the place for all major shows, comedians and musicians in the Triangle. This summer the American Dance Festival, Bring It Live, The Book of Mormon and many more will all be on the stage of the DPAC. There is no better way to spend the weekend at the Inn than with a show at the DPAC. For more information and to purchase tickets click here.
- Rock the Park: Durham Parks and Recreation offers a summer series of concerts and movies in beautiful parks across Durham. Sit back and relax while you enjoy music or a show on the big screen with friends and family. All events are free to the public. Food vendors will be on site and food will be available for purchase.
- Pork, Pickles and Peanuts: The Duke Homestead celebrates North Carolina’s rich food culture and history. Guests can enjoy tasty BBQ and pie and vote in the People’s Choice awards. With events throughout the day on July 14th from 10 am to 3 pm. For more information visit the Duke Homestead State Historic Site.
- Winesday: Every Wednesday, The Durham Co-op’s Wine and Beer Guru, Nick Williams puts on a free tasting at the store from 5-7pm. He picks three of his top wines according to a theme and offers everyone tastings. You are guaranteed delicious wine and expert story telling by Nick. Visit here for more information.
With a plethora of events to choose from, decide for yourself which one makes your favorite things to do in Durham, NC list this summer. And as you plan your summer, be sure to include a getaway to Durham this summer and book your luxurious Durham lodging at the Arrowhead Inn. We can’t wait to see you this summer!