We love our guests! Here, at the Arrowhead Inn, our goal is to ensure that you enjoy your best time at the Inn and in Durham. As summer approaches we are sharing 5 of our top things to do in Durham during May and June. From outdoor concerts and sports to delicious food and everything in between, there is something for everyone!
1. Sarah P Duke Gardens: At the heart of downtown Durham lays the Duke Gardens. Covering 55 acres of planned manicured gardens this majestic attraction is one of our favorites. Open from 8 am to dusk and offering free admission 365 days a year, you are bound to enjoy a peaceful stroll or picnic in these lush gardens. The weather is beautiful and the gardens are in full bloom. June also bring the Summer Concert Series at the Duke Gardens.
2. Durham Bulls Baseball: The 2017 Triple A champions, Durham Bulls are the baseball team in this area. The Bulls currently play in the International League which promises great competition at every game. Additionally fans enjoy a wide variety of food, snacks and drinks and in game entertainment. You will not want to miss a Bulls game while you are in town.
3. Triangle Restaurant Week: This is a celebration of culinary excellence highlighting the best restaurants in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and the surrounding area. At Triangle Restaurant Week participating restaurants offer a special 3 course menu and fixed pricing for lunch and dinner.
4. Summer Outdoor Music: As the weather cools in the evening and we head outside, we love to spend our time outside for some live music. Durham and the surrounding area offer a variety of opportunities for outdoor concerts for all music lovers throughout the spring and summer months. A couple of our favorites are the American Tobacco Campus Music on the Lawn, Walnut Creek Amphitheater in Raleigh and Bynum Front Porch Concerts.
5. American Dance Festival: The American Dance Festival spans 6 weeks during the summer showcasing dance performances, educational programs, awards, community outreach and national and international projects. Enjoy a variety of programs throughout the Durham and the surrounding area.
Which one of these is at the top of your list for your getaway to Durham and the Arrowhead Inn? As you plan your summer, be sure to include a getaway to Durham this summer and book your luxurious room at our Durham bed and breakfast.