We have spring fever! It is one of our favorite seasons in Durham with the budding trees, the lovely new flowers and the nicer weather it brings. We also love that there are a lot of different activities to enjoy in March and April in and around Durham. The time is perfect to plan your spring fling getaway in Durham.
Check out 5 great things to do during your springtime stay in Durham!
The Durham Performing Arts Center or the Carolina Theatre
Check out all the incredible acts coming to Durham this spring. From musicals, musicians to comedians, we have something for everyone.
- Gordon Lightfoot – March 13th
- The Bodyguard – March 14th
- Celtic Woman – March 23rd
- Steve Miller Band – March 28th
- Earth, Wine & Fire – April 1st
- Something Rotten – April 4th
- Adam Sandler, Dave Spade, Nick Swardson & Rob Schneider – April 13th
- Steve Martin & Martin Short – April 21st
View the comprehensive list or purchase tickets here.
20th Annual Full Frame Documentary Film Festival
On April 6 – 9, 2017 film lovers will descend upon Durham for the documentary film festival. It is an international event focusing on nonfiction cinema. There will be around 100 films shown, discussion panels and many filmmakers and film professionals. There are two free parties that are open to the public.
Find out more about Full Frame!
Shamrock and Roll Over to an Irish Pub
Enjoy many Irish celebrations for St. Patrick’s Day with live music, bagpipers & drums, Irish dancers, and of course, drinks!
- St. Patrick’s Day Extravaganza at Motorco
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Bull McCabe’s Irish Pub
- The Pub’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
- St. Paddy’s Week at James Joyce Pub
Get Lost in the Sarah Duke Gardens
Ranked the #1 Thing to do in Durham on TripAdvisor, these gardens are an oasis of fresh spring blooms and amazing landscapes.
- While visiting the Sarah Duke Gardens, guests can experience an authentic Japanese Tea Gathering by advance registration.
- Check out what ‘s blooming in the Gardens to plan your trip.