Throughout the year, visitors can enjoy a variety of spectator sports in the Durham area, including the Durham Bulls and collegiate sporting events. From hot college basketball rivalries to a laid-back minor league game, Durham’s teams cover it all.
- Experience the excitement and energy of a Duke University basketball game!
- Tar Heel fans are just a quick drive from Chapel Hill, home to all UNC athletics.
- If you’re looking for a great way to spend a spring or summer evening, then head over the Durham Athletic Park to watch the AAA minor-league Durham Bulls play ball!
During your stay, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a wide variety of North Carolina recreational activities including biking, hiking, fishing, golfing, farm life, and more — all within close proximity to our Inn.
- You can’t leave Durham without a visit to the breathtaking Sarah P. Duke Gardens. Set on 55 acres of Duke University’s campus, the gardens feature blooms of all varieties.
- Just down the road from the Inn, the Little River Regional Park features 7+ miles of hiking trails, and 8 miles of mountain biking trails.
- Eno River State Park has approximately 21 miles of trails for hiking, running, and walking, and it is a just a short drive from the Inn. If you are interested in kayaking or canoeing the Eno River, Haw River or other waterways in the area, contact Frog Hollow to let them help you plan the perfect adventure.
- Guests of the Arrowhead Inn have privileges at one of the finest Tom Fazio-designed golf courses in North Carolina – only minutes from the Inn. Ask us for details.
- Shop local produce and artisans in Downtown Durham year round! The Durham Farmers Market is committed to truly local products. Every item you see at the market was produced by the people selling it, and it all comes from no more than 70 miles away.
- If you would like to experience farm life first-hand, Green Button Farm and Blue Whistler Farm are both within minutes of the Inn, but these are just two of dozens of farms, tours and markets in Durham to get the full live, work and enjoy the local land experience.