During your stay at Arrowhead Inn, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a wide variety of North Carolina recreational activities including biking, hiking, fishing, golfing, kayaking, bird watching, and more -- all within close proximity to our B&B.
For those who like to get outside to bike, hike, walk, or run the Durham area has many different trails of various length and difficulty.
- Just down the road from the Inn, the Little River Regional Park features 7+ miles of hiking trails, and 8 miles of mountain biking trails.
- Eno River State Park has approximately 21 miles of trails for hiking, running, and walking, and it is a just a short drive from the Inn.
- Explore nearly 12 miles of trail winding through renovated Downtown Durham. The American Tobacco Trail is a rails-to-trails project ideal for biking and running.
- Can't bring your bike with you? Let us know, and we'll be happy to arrange a rental for you!
You don't have to go to the beach to enjoy the water while in North Carolina. Swimming, fishing, and boating opportunities are just a short drive from the Inn.
- The Durham area is home to many waterways ideal for exploring by kayak or canoe. Rent them from Frog Hollow and let them help you plan the perfect aquatic adventure.
- If you want to reel in a big one or just want a place to cool off, take the quick trip over to Eno River State Park and enjoy the shady banks and swimming holes of the Eno River.
- Falls Lake State Recreation Area is a great spot for a day trip. Bring along a picnic, and spend the day fishing, swimming, boating, or hiking!
If you have a taste for adventure and want to see Durham in a truly unique way, allow us to make reservations for you with Carolina Barnstormers . Your pilot will take you high into the skies of Durham in his bright red open cockpit plane, for a flight you'll never forget.
Durham and the surrounding Piedmont area is an ideal spot to catch bird migrations and to scout for unique species. Explore the local parks, recreation areas, and waterfowl impounds to observe the avian variety.
- Before you arrive, you may want to check out the North Carolina Birding Trail, which defines the areas in the Piedmont region that are best for birding.
- If you are looking for a birding area near the Inn, head over to Eno River State Park where you can hike along the beautiful Eno River.
- To watch for forest-dwelling species, Duke Forest offers miles of maintained trails that are ideal for bird watching.
- Jordan Lake State Recreation Area is home to the largest population of Bald Eagles in the state, and it also hosts several waterfowl impoundments.
Durham is home to some of North Carolina's best golf courses. Allow us to arrange for your tee times, just tell us where and when!
- Guests of the Arrowhead Inn have privileges at one of the finest Fazio golf courses in North Carolina, which is only minutes from the Inn.
- Ranked by "Golf Digest" as one of the best golf courses in North Carolina, the Duke University Golf Club measures 7,111 yards and offers an upscale golfing experience.
- Umstead Pines Golf at Willowhaven , a George Cobb course measuring 6,341 yards is just a short drive from the Inn.